The Dominican Republic is a beautiful destination for a sun holiday. You can enjoy the sun, sea and beach and the Dominican culture here all year round. Even in the rainy season it almost never rains all day and there will be plenty of hours of sunshine. The country is also a suitable destination for sporty types and culture seekers. There is a place for everyone on this island.
Surfing in Cabarete
A seaside resort on the coast where windsurfers and kitesurfers will feel immediately at home. The town is located on the north coast of the Dominican Republic and its beaches are located on the Atlantic Ocean. Novice water sports enthusiasts can also go here because Cabarete has plenty of surfing schools.
For a stay in Cabarate
- Kite Beach Hotel & Condos is a small-scale hotel and apartment complex. It can be booked via booking.com.
- Want to settle down in an all-inclusive hotel after surfing? Viva Wyndham Tangerine is an ultra all-inclusive resort that can be booked through TUI.
Relaxation and natural beauty in Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas is a town on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, located on the Samana Peninsula. Near this town is the Los Haitises Natural Park, which can be visited, for example, with a boat excursion that goes into the mangroves. On horseback or on a quad bike, a visit to the El Limon waterfall is also worthwhile. In addition, Las Terrenas is full of small shops, restaurants and stalls.
For a stay in Las Terrenas
- Lots of privacy or with a large group? Many private villas can be rented via homeaway.nl. Right on the sea.
- Would you rather stay in a hotel? The Albachiara hotel has apartments for every group. After breakfast at the hotel and an afternoon at the pool, you can spend the evening enjoying all the bars and restaurants that Las Terrenas has to offer. For example, the hotel can be booked at booking.com.
Experience culture in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo is the capital and has a lot of history to offer. Colombus had an important influence on this city and that can still be seen everywhere. Day excursions from various hotels and resorts can easily be booked, but regular buses also run to and from this city.
For a stay in Santo Domingo
- Enjoy lots of culture and relax on a terrace in the evening. The Mercure Comercial Santo Domingo is well located for this. Can be booked via booking.com.
- Want something more luxurious? The Holiday Inn Santo Domingo is a four-star hotel and is located close to the Dutch Embassy. For more information, visit booking.com
Just relax in Punta Cana
Punta Cana is the place for a relaxing holiday in an all-inclusive hotel. The entire coast of Punta Cana is filled with these resorts and the villages around them mainly consist of the employees of these hotels.
For a stay in Punta Cana
- A beautiful, small-scale and inexpensive all-inclusive resort is VIK Arena Blanca, which can be booked via TUI.
- Would you rather stay in a larger resort? Then choose IFA Villas Bavaro. The newest ‘villas’ section has small houses where the hotel rooms are located and a golf cart runs back and forth between the beach and the rooms every five minutes. This resort can also be booked via TUI.